Laura Marie Marano (born November 29, 1995) is a American actress, singer and songwriter. She stars as Ally Dawson in Disney Channel's hit show Austin & Ally. Laura started acting in the theatre at the age of 5.
Early Life and CareerEdit
Laura has been an actor since she was 5 years old. Ever since, she had a lot of appearences in the Stage Door Theater. She also appeared in numerous commercials and played small roles in multiple TV shows. She also havs been heard in animated movies like Finding Nemo and Ice Age: The Meltdown. She was a regular cast member on FOX Game Show: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? in Season 1.
Laura Marano has appeared in several episodes of The Sarah Silverman
Program. She also has appeared in Dexter as the child version of Debra Morgan. She currently stars and is most known for her role "Ally" in the Disney Channel series Austin & Ally.
|2005||The Jacket||Young Jackie|
|2006||Ice Age: The Meltdown||Additional Voices|
|2014||A Sort Of Homecoming||Young Amy|
|2015||Bad Hair Day||Monica||DCOM|
|2015||Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip||Hotel Babysitter|
|2016||Mère et Fille: California Dream||Herself||French DCOM|
|2016||I'll Be Next Door for Christmas||Nicky|
|2003-2006||Without a Trace||Kate Malone||Recurring role (Seasons 2–4)|
|2004||Joan of Arcadia||Emily||"Night without Stars" (Season 1, Episode 15)|
|2005||Medical Investigation||Brooke Beck||"Tribe" (Season 1, Episode 13)|
|2005||The X's||Scout (voice)||Main role|
|2006||Ghost Whisperer||Audrey||"Friendly Neighborhood Ghost" (Season 1, Episode 13)|
|2006||Huff||Amelia||"Black Shadows" (Season 2, Episode 12)|
|2006||Dexter||Young Debra||"Let's Give the Boy a Hand" (Season 1, Episode 4)|
"Father Knows Best" (Season 1, Episode 9)
|2007||Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader||Herself / Judge / Mentor||Season 1|
|2007-2008||Back to You||Gracie Carr||Main role|
|2007-2010||The Sarah Silverman Program||Heather Silverman / Young Sarah Silverman||Recurring role|
|2007-2010||Ni Hao, Kai-Lan||Mei Mei (voice)||Recurring role|
|2008||Gary Unmarried||Louise Brooks||"Pilot" (Season 1, Episode 1)|
"Gary Gets Boundaries" (Season 1, Episode 2)
|2009||Heroes||Young Alice Shaw||"1961" (Season 3, Episode 23)|
|2009||Little Monk||Cousin Lauren||"Little Monk and the Monk Cousin" (Season 1, Episode 5)|
|2010||Telepathic||Marsha||Unsold Nickelodeon series pilot|
|2010||True Jackson, VP||Molly||"True Drama" (Season 2, Episode 4)|
"Little Buddies" (Season 2, Episode 7)
|2010||FlashForward||Young Tracy||"Blowback" (Season 1, Episode 13)|
|2010||Childrens Hospital||Haley||"Give a Painted Brother a Break" (Season 2, Episode 4)|
"Frankfurthers. Allman Brothers. Death, Frankfurters" (Season 2, Episode 7)
|2011-2016||Austin & Ally||Ally Dawson||Main/Lead Role|
|2012||Jessie||Ally Dawson||"Nanny in Miami" (Season 2, Episode 6)|
|2013||Fish Hooks||Hamster Girl #2 (voice)||"Algae Day" (Season 3, Episode 14)|
|2014||Liv & Maddie||Fangs||"Howl-A-Rooney" (Season 1, Episode 16)|
|2014-2015||Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja||Rachel||"Julian's Birthday Surprise/True Bromance" (Season 2, Episode 3)|
"Let the Wonk One In/The Curse of Mudfart" (Season 2, Episode 8)
"Wonkin' for the Weekend/Ninjafan" (Season 2, Episode 16)
"When Howie Met Randy/Bro Money Bro Problems" (Season 2, Episode 17)
|2014||Fish Hooks||Girl Hamster #2||"Algae Day" (Season 3, Episode 14)|
|2014||Switched At Birth||Francesca Sorrento||"Girl With Death Mask (She Plays Alone)" (Season 3, Episode 17)|
|2015||Girl Meets World||Ally Dawson||"Girl Meets World of Terror 2" (Season 2, Episode 18)|
- TBA (2016)
- Laura said that she hasn't played volleyball in 3 years until the, "Heard it On the Radio" music video.
- Laura is a Sagittarius.
- She is 17 years old
- She has a sister named Vanessa Marano who stars as Bay in the ABC Family Original Series, Switched at Birth.
- One of her favorite movies is Moulin Rouge.
- She had a pretty wild imagination when she was a kid:
- She had seven baby dolls, they were all her "children".
- When she was little she was really into Broadway shows.
- She loves animals.
- When she turned 11 she got really into classic rock 'n' roll.
- Her most common nickname is "Laurific".
- She would love to sing a song with Jason Mraz, according to an interview with Disney Channel UK.
- She really likes the bands, Queen, Journey, and Guns N' Roses.
- When she's not working she likes to wear her hair down or in a ponytail.
- She has/had a dog named Velvet. It is unknown if she still her dog.
- She has a very old flip phone, and she doesn't want another one.
- She started acting at the age of 5.
- Her favorite color is red.
- She has a crush on Harry Potter, not Daniel Radcliffe (although she loves Daniel Radcliffe) but she has a crush on the actual Harry Potter, himself.
- She loves playing soccer and watching it.
- She loves baking.
- She likes to tap-dance. She has been tap-dancing since kindergarten.
- When she's bored she looks up videos of puppies, because she thinks they're really cute.
- She loves eating "Go-Gurt". Ross Lynch had even once stated that it was " its all she eats."
- She has a really cool and stylish flip cell-phone which she adores and wouldn't even think of getting rid of.
- She said she is not that good of a soccer player, but still loves the sport.
- She used to have glasses.
- Laura is a very intelligent girl. She starred in the FOX game show"Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" for most of her last year of elementary school.
- She was majorly involved with FOX Network when she was young.
- When an interviewer asked her why Austin & Ally is a must-watch she replied, "Why does somebody have to watch "Austin and Ally"? Well my answer would definitely be "Why Not"? I mean, the show's really amazing and for the first time in my eleven years of acting, I've actually had fun while recording."
- She has been writing songs since she was four years old.
- She is the second youngest of all the main cast.
- She and Ross Lynch are now Ambassadors for Friends for Change.
- When talking about her role on Austin & Ally she said, "Ally and I could have practically been the same person. She's a song-writer just like me and is a goody two-shoes just like me. But since I'm an actress, it may be a little hard for me to have stage-fright like Ally".
- She loves watching horror movies.
- She is an Straight-A student. In fact she once stated, "People say I'm a nerd. Well, I am and I'm proud of it. I care a lot about my grades. It's sort of an obsession".
- She once said she is the biggest fan of Natalie Portman alive.
- She loves Greek mythology.
- Laura said she is a very picky eater.
- Her shoe size is size 7.
- According to an interview with Disney Channel Australia, she wants to visit Australia because of the Great Barrier Reef.
- She looks up videos of puppies when she's bored.
- She once stated she's not a horrible dancer like Ally but still needs help in the area.
- She admits that she is a fan of the ship Auslly.
- She love adrenaline rush but she said she's not ready to do stuff like jump off a cliff as stated in Clevver tv's Austin & Ally Season 2 interview.
- She went to London for Fashion Week on September 22.
- While she was in London, she almost got hit by a bus.
- She tweets back to most of her fans, no matter what their question or name.
- She likes saying inter-web instead of internet.
- She acts a lot like Ally in real life.
- She love pizza, pasta and Go-Gurt.
- Her favorite ice creams are vanilla and chocolate.
- She had been playing piano since she was 11 years old.
- She is afraid to use her British accent.
- She told Tiger Beat that she loves hanging out with Ross Lynch.
- She recorded a song for the Disney Fairies soundtrack. The song is called "Shine".
- She once stated that she can't snap correctly, so she would rather clap.
- Laura can drive now because she just got her driver's license.
- She shaved her legs for the first time when she was 11 years old.
- She had her first kiss with co -star Ross Lynch.
- Ross and Laura has talked about Auslly and Raura in interviews. Another one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ux7Sbqb_-Q
- Ross Lynch said that he'd date a co-star, even Laura Marano, but, not until the show or movie is over.